Sunday, March 10, 2013

Five for...Sunday....

I think I've determined I was never destined to create a really useful teaching blog. I'm more about blogging about my life and such. Hence why this is like my favorite linky right now. I think I'll have to create incentives for myself to post those more teachery things! :/


5. The lack of snow in the middle of the week really let me down! I live for winter time.... Getting the snow day was nice - first one in two years! - but without the snow, it just sort of rings empty, you know?

4. Testing started this past week.  I, much like the students, cannot wait for it to be over!! It's such terrible timing though - our marking period ends in two weeks, right before our spring break.  Testing will be going on for one more week.  I'm telling you, I don't think the end of the 3rd marking period was this quick or stressful last year!! D:

3. I saw the new Oz movie!! IT WAS SO WONDERFUL!  I very highly recommend it!  As an added bonus, the movie theater we went to had a bunch of fun stands to pose with! See below :)



2. This was after Friday, but since I'm late, I'm going to mention it anyway! A college friend and I went to go visit another college friend this weekend.  It was really nice to be able to meet up again twice in less than a month! We usually go months without seeing each other, so this was an amazing change of pace.  We spent a really relaxing night in and enjoyed good food, good company (of course), and good times.

1. One of my students, who I often struggle with because of his fluctuating attitude, said something Friday that stunned me.  A few were good-naturedly teasing me for my inability to play any of the ever-popular first-person shooter games like Call of Duty.  He exclaimed, "It's okay.  You're good at teaching!"  That's the first time he's ever said something like that to me, and it melted my heart, of course.  He's, on occasion, tried to provoke a reaction from me by telling me any other teacher he's had was the best teacher ever, so on and so forth.  So to hear him say that was extra special.

No comments:

Post a Comment