Saturday, July 21, 2012

Newbie Blog Hop!

Well, isn't this just perfect!  I've been thinking about how to get myself out there, and lo and behold...this linky appears!!



1.  what state you are in 
2.  your current teaching position 
3.  your teaching experience
4.  when you started blogging
 5.  share a blogging tip / blogging resource

  1. Maryland
  2. I currently teach 5th grade, and I love it beyond belief! (Though I could definitely do without the copious tears at the end of the year when the realization that they'll be gone forEVAH hits.)
  3. I have been teaching for a year and a half, subbing for that first half.  I was a long-term in 2nd before I got my full-time position as a 5th grade teacher at the school. I have probably literally never been so happy as when I got that position!
  4. In general, I've been blogging for, oh, 10 years. Jeez. I wish I was kidding. That number sounds crazy! Teaching-wise, I recently started in the beginning of July.  Unfortunately, I'm not too terribly active quite yet for a few reasons.  The first being that it is summer, and I am currently in my summer job as a camp counselor.  Therefore, it keeps me busy and unable to get into my class to work on stuff.
  5. Hmm... I recently saw in another blog (and I'm so, so sorry... I can't remember which one! I do a LOT of hopping!) that if you want blog authors to reply to your comment, you should make sure your email address is available!  To do that, follow this link, which I found after googling.
In any case, I hope to start becoming more active and regular in two weeks or so - that's when camp ends, so I'll have nothing but free time! I have an entire board of summer projects to accomplish in my two free weeks before teachers report back, so I'm hoping that means lots of blog entries!

Please feel free to leave comments! And especially check out my previous entry... I'd really like some opinions on my James Bond math game. Some campers and parents told me it'd be cool. I'd like to hear from you!


18 comments:

  1. Blogging is so rewarding. Welcome to the fun. I teach 3rd grade.


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I look forward to checking out your blog. :)

      Delete
  2. Love your bright blog! Just found you through the blog hop (which I'm going to have to link up with now since I just started blogging in June) and am your newest follower!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness
    Come join my 500 Follower Giveaway that ends tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I've seen your blog through the Made-It Linky before I really started this. I loved it! Can't wait to return the following favor.

      Delete
  3. Hi...I just found your blog from the Newbie Blog Hop and am now a follower. I would love it if you stopped by my blog and checked it out.
    Amy
    Adventures In Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out the blog! I think I also have seen your blog in the Monday Made It linky. I will have to investigate this more thoroughly! :)

      Delete
  4. It is great connecting with you through the blog hop! I adore your colors :)
    Can't wait to explore your blog!!

    Patti
    One Class, One Sound

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoo boy, I definitely got lost in your blog for a bit there! Thank you for the comment and follow!

      Delete
  5. Just found your site thanks to the blog hop. I'm your newest follower and am loving the colors on your site. If you visit my blog you'll see why...
    :0) Melissa
    More Time 2 Teach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the visit!! I *LOVE* the colors on your site as well. :) I look forward to perusing some entries on your equally colorful blog.

      Delete
  6. Wow, I love the colours of your blog! I just found you through the Newbie Blog Hop and I'm nominating you for an award! Hop over to my blog to check it out! I'm your newest follower!

    Wendy
    Teacher's Toolkit

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog design and name! Too cool and so colorful! I wanted to let you know I am awarding you with the One Lovely Blog award. You can stop by and pick it up anytime!

    Vicky
    Keep Calm & Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog! I'm awarding you the Liebster Blog award and the Versatile blog award! Welcome to blogging. Stop by to pick it up!

    ~Mrs. T
    Teaching Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog!! I worked at a camp one summer as the Waterfront Director and loved it! So cool!! I nominated you for the One Lovely blog award! Stop by to pick it up:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I found your blog through the Newbie Blog Hop! I too teach 5th grade and I too started my blog at the beginning of July! I look forward to checking out your posts!

    I'm your newest follower! Come by my blog to check it out! :o)

    Ashley
    Inspire, Dream, & Create! 

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh! And PS - I nominated you for an award! Stop by to pick it up!

    Ashley
    Inspire, Dream, & Create! 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found your blog through the hop and am your newest follower. I used to teach 5th and loved it. Then I moved down to first and now I'm back up to fourth! I'd love it if you stopped by.:)
    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I am one of your newest followers and I have nominated you for an award. You can check it out at Fun and Learning in First.

    ReplyDelete